Sunday, September 13, 2009

Welcome! AVODAH NYC 09-10

I thought that this blog would be an amazing opportunity for us, AVODAH NYC 09-10, to share our adventures in Clinton Hill (18 women, one house, yep) and at our job placements (non-profit anti-poverty organizations throughout NYC) with our families, friends, and the people who so generously contributed to our fundraising campaigns!

Also, this can be a GREAT space to share information and fun events with each other! It's anything-goes space and I hope all 18 of us contribute in some way or another.

To start us off, I'd love to encourage folks to see a new documentary that's playing in NY until September 22 called "Crude". My dear friend Priya has been working really hard on this and it engages with the issue of the real cost of oil drilling in Ecuador. For more information look here, and I have posted the trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment